[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4294: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4296: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4297: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4298: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3501)
Armour Workshop • View topic - PzKpfw I Ausf.A ohne Aufbau ~ Tristar

PzKpfw I Ausf.A ohne Aufbau ~ Tristar

Re: Panzerkampfwagen I Ausf.A ohne Aufbau

Postby Dan Reed » Tue May 04, 2010 6:28 am

James,
I've always wondered the same about a instructors seat-I'm sure there was one in there somewheres. I've also seen them with radio racks (sans radio)-great for formations training.
Dan
Dan Reed

Postby Jamie Tainton » Tue May 04, 2010 11:19 pm

Okay now we're getting close to where all the do dads that go on the interior are finding their home. Then I can look to doing more ageing with washes, dry brushing and pigments.
Here you can see the fine level of detail that the Aber parts convey to the steering arm mountings in front of the drivers seat, definite improvement over the kits parts, any brand of kit parts.

the little device mounted on the back wall is in place.

Some of the linkage lines have a wobble but these will be straightened out.
"Don't believe everything you think"
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed May 05, 2010 9:33 am

Some work on the mufflers at this point-first a coat of rust colour paint.

I'm gonna try this paint that is a natural 2 part oxidization program.

the first coat has metal or something in it.

here is the result after a coat of the 2nd liquid oxidizer

Here the Aber muffler protective screens- more accurate than the ones in the kit so I will use these.

the curving needed on these will be helped by annealing the metal first

some more shots showing the addition of more bits

just a dry fit of the exhaust parts

The floor had the commander's seat mount added and the driver got his two steering actuators installed.

tool box

The foot pedals painted.
Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Dan Reed » Wed May 05, 2010 9:43 am

James, It's really looking the real deal now! Those mufflers are spot on texture-wise.
Dan
Dan Reed

Postby Tim Coulson » Wed May 05, 2010 11:02 am

Very nice work on the exhausts.

Tim
Tim Coulson

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun May 09, 2010 10:21 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Jamie Tainton » Sun May 09, 2010 10:29 pm

The protective access screen on the back of the tranny

Well I'm committed now- or is that I should be committed? #^(

battery wire in place

the next step was do more washes, and as you'll see not a MIG product in sight- you don't need that stuff just get good quality artist oils and some good paint thinner or white mineral spirits to use as a solvent.
A lot of this will disappear almost under subsequent steps but I try and layer things to give the piece some depth.

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

Postby Markus Lack » Tue May 11, 2010 2:10 pm

Nice one James!
It looks fantastic! All the hard work pays off it seems and it looks great under all that paint. thumb3
The only thing I don´t like to be honest is the exhaust. The texture looks way too rough in my opinion. But like you already said, it will be mostly covered anyway.
Markus Lack

Postby Dario Risso » Wed May 12, 2010 6:37 pm

:shock: Man, it looks more and more real !
I wonder if the muffler was broken by the action of the mineral spirit :evil: I try to use not it, because it causes that effect: make plastic become fragile, specially the tracks

Darío
Dario Risso

Postby Jamie Tainton » Wed May 12, 2010 7:30 pm

Jamie Tainton
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Panzerkampfwagen I and variants